1. The rumor mill has gone into over drive speculating whether or not Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker will take over Vogue when Editrix-in-Chief Anna Wintour retires. Radar reports that a “high-level publishing source” told a reporter, “Anna is worrying colleagues who believe she has found her true successor in Sarah!” Parker and Wintour are close friends; they have regular lunches together and both raised money for Barack Obama’s reelection campaign. That being said, rumors about Wintour after Vogue aren’t infrequent. Remember that whole Ambassador to the UK thing a while back? Elle’s editor Robbie Myers is still considered the front-runner by many arm-chair publishing analysts.
2. Madonna could star in a Valley of the Dolls remake because, of course.
3. Remember when the internet lost it’s mind over Ben Affleck being cast as Batman in the Superman-Batman movie? Well here’s more news from the film that’s making nerds cry. The Hollywood Reporter writes that British actor Jeremy Irons has been cast as the Caped Crusader’s butler, Alfred, and that Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Lex Luthor. It’s not like Eisenberg hasn’t played a megalomaniacal evil genius before.
4. Conservative members of Parliament have been accused of trying to enact a ban on HIV-positive immigrants from settling in the UK. Nearly 20 Tories backed the amendment to the UK’s immigration bill.
5. Rutgers University now offers a course on Beyoncé. In other news: suck it people who said my English degree was the most useless degree. Actually it’s a Women’s Studies class on race, gender, sexuality and actually sounds like it could lead to fruitful debate.
6. Looking star Jonathan Groff went on ABC’s Popcorn and sang the song the best describes his life right now. He chose Frank Sinatra’s “I Fall in Love Too Easily.”