1. The International Day of Solidarity for Global LGBT Equality will take place this upcoming Sunday. Over 40 cities will take part in marches, demonstrations, and kiss-ins to show solidarity with LGBT people across the world and bring awareness to issues confronting the community. Check the Facebook page to see what's going on in your city and be sure to stock up on lip balm.
2. Joan Rivers told TMZ what she really thinks about Anthony Weiner. Spoiler Alert: she’s not a fan.
3. It’s New York Fashion Week, so rejoice fashion-fanatics and for those of you in the business, hang in there. Our friends at Swagger wondered what it would be like if some cartoon characters from our childhoods took part and the results are awesome!
4. Scott Bradlee & Postmodern Jukebox teamed up with the New York doo wop group, Tee-Tones, to do a retro cover of Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop.” It’s infinitely better and less emotionally scaring than her VMA performance.
5. There’s a skyscraper in London that’s actually melting cars. The “Walkie Talkie” building—a.k.a the “Fryscraper” or the “Walkie Scorchie”—due to its design acts as a parabolic mirror, reflecting light at a single point. Basically the thing’s a death ray. NPR has the story.
6. Jane Lynch, last year's OUT 100 Entertainer of the Year, went on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night to talk about Glee, being deaf in one ear, and what it was like to see an opossum for the first time. Check out the video below: