Kylie Minogue's 12th studio album, Kiss Me Once — with song titles like “Sexy Love,” “Sexercise,” and “Les Sex” — is now available, so to get all you ultimate Kylie fans revved up for the new release, we wanted to take a trip through her three decades of the Aussie vixen's face and body on TV, movies, and in videos. Enjoy these kisses below from one of the world's favorite sugary sweet pop icons.
- April 17, 1986: Kylie’s first appearance on Aussie soap as Charlene Robinson. In 1987, the Neighbours wedding episode draws over 20 million viewers.
Watch a clip from Neighbours:
- In 1987 Kylie signed to Mushroom Records. Her first single, “The Loco-Motion,” charts at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Watch “The Loco-Motion”
- 1988: Her debut album, Kylie, drops, which also includes “I Should Be So Lucky.”
Watch “I Should Be So Lucky”
- Oct. 1989: Kylie's second album, Enjoy Yourself, comes out, and she embarks on her first tour, “Disco In Dream.” Later that December, Kylie’s first film, The Delinquents, hits theaters. The film became the most successful Australian film—within Australia—of 1990. She attends the premier with INXS singer Michael Hutchence, whom she would later date.
Watch the trailer for The Delinquents
- Nov. 1990: Kylie starts to shed the “girl next door” image with the release of Rhythm of Love. The lead single is titled “Better the Devil You Know.”
Watch the video below:
- In Feb 1991, Kylie embarks on third tour, the “Rhythm of Love Tour," and in Oct. 1991, she releases her fourth album, Let’s Get To It that includes the lead single, “Word Is Out.”
Watch “Word Is Out”
- In Aug. 1992, she released a Greatest Hits album and in Sept. 1994, Kylie Minogue's Confide in Me, her fifth studio album (and first released by Deconstruction Records), is released.
Watch the video for "Confide in Me" below:
- Dec. 1994: Kylie plays “Cammy” in the film Street Fighter, based on the video game and starring Jean-Claude Van Damme. In 1995, Kylie stars in Aussie art house flick, Hayride to Hell.
Watch the Street Fighter Trailer:
- Oct. 1995: “Where the Wild Roses Grow,” a duet between Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Kylie, is released, becoming a critical success. In the video, Kylie takes on the role of Ophelia from John Everett Millais’ 1852 painting.
Watch “Where the Wild Roses Grow”:
- In January 1996, Kylie appears in Bio-Dome. No comment needed.
Watch the Bio-Dome Trailer:
- Nov 1997: Impossible Princess, her sixth studio album drops in Japan. It was the first album where she assumed complete creative control. The album was retitled Kylie Minogue in the UK after the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. That's followed by the “Intimate and Live” tour in 1998. The following year, in 1999, the Pet Shop Boys’ Nightlife releases and features “In Denial,” a duet with Kylie. In Sept. 2000, Kylie releases Light Years, her seventh studio album. The lead single, “Spinning Around,” is a “comeback” single, refreshing her image after Impossible Princess.
Watch “Spinning Around” below:
- Want some fun? Watch Kylie perform ABBA’s “Dancing Queen” at the 2000 Sydney Summer Olympic Games’ closing ceremony.
- Don't forget Kylie in Moulin Rouge! — and she plays the Green Fairy.
Scene in Mouline Rouge!
- Oct. 2001: Kylie releases her eighth studio album, Fever. “Can’t Get You Out of My Head,” the lead single, becomes her biggest success of all time, reaching No. 1 in over 40 countries and selling over 5 million copies.
Watch “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”
- When Kylie releases Body Language, her ninth studio album, the lead single, “Slow,” is nominated for a “Best Dance Recording” Grammy. And the video, filmed in Barcelona, becomes an instant summer classic.
Watch “Slow” below:
- Feb 2004: “Come into My World,” from Fever wins the Grammy for “Best Dance Recording."
Watch “Come Into My World”
- With X, her 10th studio album, which is released in 2007, she includes contributions from Guy Chambers, Cathy Dennis, Bloodshy & Avant, and Calvin Harris.
Watch the lead single “2 Hearts” below:
- Dec. 25, 2007: Kylie Minogue guest stars as The Doctor’s companion, Astrid Peth, for Doctor Who Christmas special “Voyage of the Damned.” The part was written especially for her.
Watch a clip of the episode below:
- July 2010: Aphrodite, her 11th studio album, is released. Lead single “All the Lovers” and single “Get Out of My Way” are hits.
Watch “All The Lovers”
- In May 2012 Kylie releases Timebomb but in the same year, she has a strange starring role — and sings — in director Leos Carax's unusual indie film Holy Motors. It's difficult to explain, but watch the clip for yourself.
- In June 2012 she performs at Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee Concert.
Watch the performance at Diamond Jubilee Concert below:
- In 2013, Kylie is a coach on BBC One’s The Voice UK.
- “Into the Blue,” the lead single off Kylie's latest album, her 12th, Kiss Me Once, drops. The album releases officially on March 18. Be sure to see Out.com's new Kylie interview here.
Watch “Into the Blue” below: